I’ve managed to actually go live with my own project, without it being sidetracked into oblivion!
This is my first post on MarieHogebrandt.se. It is my intention to expand on this site, but the very first thing that needs to be done is honestly to take that step.
You see, I am a bit of a perfectionist. When it comes to my own work, I will work on it, and I get all these awesome ideas, and then time runs away from me, and suddenly I’ve spent three months procrastinating. This time, however, I have decided to do it different. I will launch before everything is done, once enough of it is done.
After all, what will this be used for?
- Posts/articles on various topics, mainly computer science
- These need a page for viewing all posts, and viewing single posts, as well as possibly/probably (either or — haven’t decided yet) some kind of commentary field, though that can wait
- Information about me
- Requires a page much like the posts/articles, but certainly without comments
- As the first step, it’s quite enough to make them just normal pages, with one page to link to all of them
- Create actual Custom Post Types for my characters, as well as a better landing page for them
- Two languages: I really want this in both English and Swedish. I’m starting in English since I have the possibility of a broader audience in English
- Resumé on the site, preferably with a way to render a PDF downloadable based on the latest version
- Tutorials, not just as articles (will then need to be moved from posts, but I’m surprisingly okay with this!)
- I’m aiming for posting/writing one piece of content at least every other week